Casale Ticchienna is Sopra is a traditional stone farmhouse dating back to the 15th century. It is located in the hills above the Tuscan medieval hilltop town of Anghiari in the province of Arezzo with extensive, panoramic views of the Tiber River valley and Apennine mountain ranges. The property is only a 12 minute drive from the village’s main piazza and local amenities including a number of excellent restaurants. The location is very central and ideal for exploring central Italy and many major tourist destinations and is within a two hour drive to both the Mediterranean or Adriatic coasts.
The property has been beautifully renovated and designed to create a stunning main home and independent guest house plus a barn which is currently used as part storage and part art studio.
The property is set in approx. 8,500 sqm of land and offers a total of 3 buildings. The houses had new, modern central heating systems installed in 2021 and both homes have high speed internet connections. The properties feature original wood beamed ceilings and hand-made, terracotta tile floors maintaining all the Tuscan charm and authenticity while adding superb design features that make it a unique, sought after residence.
The main house is a detached, traditional, stone Tuscan farmhouse set out over 3 floors as follows:
- The ground floor offers an open plan living and dining area complete with an antique stone fireplace. The bespoke, stainless-steel kitchen offers ample preparation space for keen cooks and includes a pantry and guest bathroom.
- The first floor has a second spacious living room with a large original 15th century, stone fireplace and a master bedroom with ‘his’ and ‘her’ ensuite bathrooms, each with additional closet and storage spaces.
- The second floor is accessed via a stone staircase which leads up to the loft space which is currently used as a study and features stunning antique iron railings.
The second property is just a few steps away from the main house but completely independent. This stone barn has been completely renovated to create a lovely 3 bedroom guest house plus a separate workshop, laundry and storage space.
- The ground floor includes a stunning kitchen with marble counters and central dining area. The living room has its own fireplace and has doors leading out to a spacious terrace with breath-taking views. The master bedroom also has doors leading out on to the terrace and there is a lovely bathroom complete with bathtub and shower and sizeable walk-in closet.
- The first floor is accessed via an external stone staircase and offers a further 2 double bedrooms and a luxurious bathroom and a private terrace with a wisteria covered pergola.
The barn has a storage area on the ground floor perfect for gardening equipment and somewhere to tuck away the outdoor furniture and cushions in winter. On the first floor there is a spacious room currently used as an art studio but also a perfect space for a separate office from the main house if needed or even a small gym.
The home is surrounded by five landscaped terraces, two with vine covered pergolas and a stone fireplace in the main house patio. All the terraces have wonderful views of the Tuscan countryside and have been positioned to take full advantage of the morning sun on cool days and shade for the afternoon/evening sunsets.
The property includes a small vineyard dating back several hundred years with Sangiovese, Merlot and Trebbiano grape varieties, ordinarily producing around 350-500 litres of wine annually. There are also 55 olive trees in the grounds which usually yield about 50-60 litres of olive oil each season.
Additionally, there are two freshwater wells on the property, the original one being 35 m deep and the newer one 60 m.
Within the beautiful grounds there is also ample space for a spectacular swimming pool (subject to local planning permission).
Casale Ticchienna is Sopra is a truly magnificent home and a rare opportunity to own a luxurious and true Tuscan gem.
Nearby towns & cities
Anghiari (5 km); Sansepolcro (18 km); Caprese Michelangelo (23 km); Città di Castello (28 km), Arezzo (30 km); Cortona (51 km); Perugia (79 km); Montepulciano (85 km); Pienza (91 km); Assisi (93 km); Siena (98 km); Spello (99 km); Florence (116 km); Todi (122 km); Orvieto (140 km); San Gimignano (154 km); Rome (250 km).
Perugia Sant’Egidio (79 km); Forlì L Ridolfi (117 km); Florence Peretola (130 km); Bologna G Marconi (195 km); Ancona Falconara (169 km); Pisa Galileo Galilei (191 km); Rome Ciampino (262 km); Rome Fiumicino (277 km).